So you’ve just moved to the city and have found a fully furnished house for rent in Bangalore to share with a roommate. As you begin to understand the workings of Bangalore, you also start to crave some company. One of the best places to start with is your new roommate, which makes sharing that single bedroom house for rent in Bangalore an attractive option. If your roommate had been living in the city longer than you have, then the chances are that they will know other people that they can introduce you to. Also, it doesn’t hurt to have a good relationship with your roommate especially for all those times that you forget to buy fresh milk.
Hanging out with your roommate at home is fine, but a great bonding experience would be to take a trip with your roommate. If you aren’t sure about taking a long trip, then there are several day trips that you can go on with your roommates in Bangalore. Here are the top 5-day trips from Bangalore to go one with your roommate.
- Mysore: Mysore is a city just 150km from Bangalore. It was the old capital of the state and has a rich history steeped in tradition. Home to the Wadiyar royal family, one of the main attractions of Mysore is its palace. The palace is lit up every night and is truly a sight to behold. The city and the palace come alive during the Dasara festival when the royal family step out in a procession, seated on elephants.
- There is more to Mysore than just its palace. The Mysore zoo is one of the best in the country with a wide variety of wild animals such as tigers, lions and giraffes as a part of its inmates. Another place to visit is Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary which has a many species of birds calling it home especially during the migratory months. A large lake in the sanctuary allows for paddle-boat rides and more.
- Bheemeshwari Adventure and Nature Camp: This destination is for those who prefer spending their time surrounded by lush nature as a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Bheemshwari camp is primarily a fishing camp where you can learn how to fish from experts. There are other activities you can try at the camp such as zip-lining and parallel walking or take a ride on the river on a coracle.
- Channapatna: The road to Mysore is well maintained and is dotted with smaller towns that are full of history and culture, one of these towns is Channapatna. Renowned for its wooden toys that have a very distinct look this town also plays host to the famous for the restaurant Shivalli, this restaurant serves delicacies such as Idly and Dosa but is renowned for its Madhur Vada. Channapatna also plays host to the majestic Kanva reservoir and famous religious monuments like the Kengal Anjaneya Swamy temple. Channapatna is only 53km from Bangalore. Spending a day in this quaint town full of history and culture can help you understand and relate to your roommate and is the perfect place to form a bond with them.
- Avani: Nothing brings people together like a peaceful getaway with sprawling ruins steeped in history. This is what the tiny town of Avani has to offer. Approximately 98 km from Bangalore, this small town is quiet and serene and the site of numerous ancient temples and hills. The hills are scalable enough to be a popular rock climbing destination. Whether it is sweating together on these hills or spending a quiet moment in the ancient temple, Avani is perfect to unwind and learn a bit more about your roommate.
- Nandi Hills: You cannot mention-day trips near Bangalore without mentioning the popular Nandi hills. This popular getaway is growing in popularity due to its proximity to the city. The area is filled with things to do. You and your roommate could visit the serene British cemetery, hike, or visit the popular Nandishwara temple in the foothills that boasts of a 1000-year-old statue of Shiva’s companion Nandi. Spend some quiet moments together taking in the natural atmosphere of the hill that is the source of three rivers – The Arkavati, Palar and Pennar rivers. This destination is only 60km from Bangalore.
When you choose an apartment for rent in Bangalore, you have the chance to build a relationship for a lifetime with your roommate. Head out on a trip together and discover a new friend.