India’s World Heritage tomb Taj Mahal is located in Agra. It’s was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is an excellent sample of Mughal architecture.
Its architectural style, Turkish, Persian, Indian and Islamic architecture is a combination of unique components. In 1983 the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In addition to the World Heritage universally acclaimed as one of the wonderful human creations. Taj Mahal of India has declared the jewel of Islamic art.
Tomb constructed in the center introduces its beautiful architectural superiority. The building is typical of the structure of the Taj group that is completely symmetrical. The building was almost complete in 1648. Its head is often considered Lahauri Rupanknkrta Ustad Ahmed.
15 Amazing facts About Taj Mahal
- 32 corers Spend to build Taj mahal
- Taj Mahal means ‘crown associated with places’.
- To complete the Taj Mahal took 20 years and 20,000 workers. The materials required to build 1,000 elephants were used to transport.
- The Taj Mahal complex also adds to its beauty more tombs, mosques, reflecting pool and large garden.
- The length of the Taj Mahal is 561 feet.
- The white marble was used for the construction of Taj Mahal. Used marble was brought from many different countries.
- Taj Mahal is a large white dome surrounded by four smaller domes. The large white dome in the center is around 115 feet long.
- The shade of Taj Mahal seems to change color with regards to the time associated with day. The color change also depends on whether there may be moonlight through the night.
- There had been about 28 several types of precious and semi-precious gems inlaid to the burial tomb from the Taj Mahal. Throughout the Indian Rebellion within 1857, a lot of the precious gems were stripped through the walls from the tomb.
- More than 200,000 tourists from the world and 2 to 4 million people look at the Taj Mahal annually.
- UNESCO possesses designated the Taj Mahal as a World History Site and it’s also on the list of New Seven Wonders from the World. The ‘New’ Seven Wonders from the world had been chosen through people voting from around the globe.
- There are usually 99 names of Allah written calligraphically quietly of Mumtaz Mahal’s real tomb.
- The several pillars around the main dome were created to slant far away from the dome a little. This was done to help protect the tomb if the pillars actually collapsed.
- The fee to assemble the Taj Mahal was about thirty five million rupees, which will be about 1 million us dollar. In 1632 that has to be an enormous amount of money to invest in a mausoleum.
- It turned out rumored that Shah Jahan had the hands shut down from individuals who labored on the Taj Mahal once it had been completed. His thought was that nobody might ever have the ability to build such a beautiful building again. Nobody has become able in order to prove that story applies.