Information about Junagadh Fort:
Junagadh Fort is one of India’s most famous Forts located in Bikaner, situated in most beautiful city of Rajasthan India. This fort is one of India’s richest and historic forts, which was built by a trusted courtier of the famous Rajasthani ruler Raja Rai Singh.
Quick Info about Junagarh Fort
Location Bikaner, Rajasthan (India)
Construction 1589-1594 AD
Constructed r by Karan Chand under Raja Rai Singh of Bikaner
Junagarh Fort History in Hindi
Before the present castle here, in the year 1478 AD, Rao Bika had built a fort. Bikaner city and the history of this fort are connected to King Bikia. About 100 years after King Bakia’s rule, Bikaner’s rule came under Raja Rai Singh, who, after accepting the authority of Mughlal, had obtained the post of Chief Commander in the court of Mughaloo. Due to his conquest, he was given the gift of the governing system of Gujarat and Burhanpur by the Mughals. By earning a good amount of revenue from his governed areas, the construction of Junagadh Fort was started in the year 1589 AD, which was made sometime after 1594 AD.
Interesting facts about Junagadh Fort:
- The present form of this magnificent and historic fort was built by Raja Rai Singh in the middle of 1589 AD to 1594 AD.
- The construction of this fort took more than 5 years, its construction was started in the year 1589 AD, which was completed by 1594 AD.
- This fort is located one of India’s highest peaks, with an average elevation of about 230 meters.
- Built in the plains of Bikaner, the layout of this fort is rectangular, whose length is about 986 meters in length.
- This fort is included in India’s largest Forts, which is spread over an area of about 5.28 hectares.
- Exterior security walls of this fort are about 14.5 feet wide and 12 meters high.
- In this fort, more than 37 towers were built on the deaf walls, in which the soldiers with weapons were standing.
- Due to the large area being spread over this fort, about 7 major entrances were constructed, out of which only two were well-strengthened.
- Within this fort there are many famous temples in which “every temple” was for the royal people and “Ratan Beheeri Temple” for the general public, this temple was constructed in the year 1846 AD. Indo-Mughal architectural style.
- Karan Mahal, built in this fort, is an outstanding example of Indian architecture as it contains 1 beautiful garden, stone and wooden columns, carved balcony and glass windows, which were constructed in the year 1680 by Karan Singh on Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. To mark the victory was done.
- The flower palace (“Flower Palace”) situated in this fort is the oldest and most beautiful part of the fort, which was built by Raja Rai Singh from 1571 to 1668 AD.
- Anup Singh revised the Karan Mahal between 1669 and 1698 AD, which is a multi-storey structure, in which he built a mirror-covered terrace, an ornate balcony with Italian tiles, Janana Quarter, Diwan-i-Mango and windows. Anoop palace was named after him.
- One of the most prominent structures of this fort is Chandra Mahal, which was constructed between 1746 to 1787 AD by King Gaj Singh, the statues of Lord God made with royal bedrooms and gold are very popular in this palace.
- The “Ganga Mahal” situated inside this fort was built by Maharaja Ganga Singh in the 20th century AD. The main feature of this palace is its museum which is known as “Big Darbar Hall” (Ganga Hall). This museum has been preserved in the arms and airplanes of World War I.
- The Badal Mahal, located in this fort, is an integral part of the Anh Mahal complex, which was constructed from 1872 to 1887 AD. Was done by King King Dungar Singh.
- The Fort Museum was established in the year 1961 under the control of Maharaja Rai Singhji Trust, Maharaja Dr. Karni Singhji.
How to reach Junagarh Fort
How to Reach Junagarh Fort By Road:
Junagarh Fort is situated in Bikaner location near Sursagar in Junagarh Fort Road. One can easily go here by RSRTC shuttle bus, local shuttle bus or local taxi.
How to Reach Junagarh Fort By Railway:
Junagarh Fortt is nicely connected through nearest Bikaner Railway station (2km) to help major urban centers railway areas like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, Chennai, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pali.
Entry Timing of Junagarh Fort :
10:00 AM to 4:30 PM